Make your mental health a priority
Some simple tips to help you get through
- Never underestimate the power of physical exercise. Put it on your to-do list. Exercise when you feel like doing it and when you don’t feel like doing it, especially when you don’t feel like doing it because that’s when you most need it. No matter how little it may seem you have done, do it.
- Eat healthily. Eating healthy is not only for the sick, it’s for everyone. What you eat affects your mood. If you feel you do not have an appetite, try nibbling instead of having huge chunks of meals.
- Get some sunshine. Just like plants, our bodies need sunshine. In appropriate doses, sunshine enables our bodies to create chemicals that improve our mood.
- Make social contact. Humans need other humans, you are not an island. Even if you are an introvert, small amounts of social contact can do you wonders. Do not isolate yourself.
- Find a distraction. Do not just sit and be occupied with your mind. Find an activity that gets your mind to work, that processing helps more than you can think.
- Sleep well. Good sleep can never be replaced by anything. Your body needs rest. Sleep is imperative to maintaining good health.
- Get help. When all else fails, do not forget that help is only “an ask” away.
If you need to speak to a professional counsellor, don’t forget to get in touch with Psyche and Beyond.
Whatsapp: +2761 853 0124
You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Tiktok for more mental health tips.